Thursday, May 6, 2010

Goody Modern Updo Pin Review


Well...I'm still not relaxed, but I was so curious about that updo style thing that I just had to try it. It basically looks like a giant hairpin. And that's really what it is.

Let me cut to the chase. It's not worth the almost six dollars I paid, however, I still like it. I tried to follow the directions that came with it, but I ended up just doing my own thing. It takes a bit of practice, but it's something that I would recommend for those that want to try something different. For those that have longer hair, it's a good investment. It's a sturdy, versatile item. I wouldn't recommend it for hair shorter than beginning APL because there could be a lot of tugging trying to get it to stay. I wouldn't discourage shoulder length ladies from buying this though, especially if you have thick hair

The only thing I don't like about it is the outward curvature of the ends. Rather than being straight or slightly bowed like a normal bobby pin, they curve outward. Because of this, it can get a little tricky when inserting and removing. Being patient and careful is the key. Otherwise it's easy to believe that it's going to be stuck in your hair. LOL. And that's not the case.

I will likely try the other styling tools from the Goody line. HHG :)

No comments: