Sunday, November 2, 2008

Moisture Up!

So I'm sure that everybody is aware of the disaster that occurred a few weeks ago when I go my relaxer. My hair was severely dry and just horrible. But I'd like to announce that I am back in the saddle again. I've been moisturizing like crazy. As well as using my daily moisturizer, I would follow behind it with a leave on conditioner. Then I seal with oil. I do this by separating the hair into 8 parts. That way I got better coverage. And thank goodness. LOL. The dryness patches are gone.

This past Saturday, I took my hair to my ultimate moisture boot camp. LOL. I started Friday night. I moisturized with my Wave Nouveau as usual. But when I went to seal, I covered the length of the hair with Dabur Amla Oil. I used about 2 teaspoons for my entire head which is the maximum usage recommendation. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and let it sit on until the following evening. It sounds extreme, but it worked. I guarantee it.

Before I washed my hair, I did a deep pre poo as well. (I've been using this in the place of deep conditioning after washing.) It was Queen Helene Cholesterol (my fave base for tons of homemade concoctions), amla oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil, and honey. I let this sit on my hair for almost two hours as I went about cleaning the house and whatnot. When I rinsed, it was like heaven. My hair was virtually tangle free. I following this up with a my TreSemme Smooth and Silky. After this, I added my Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner. Great slip and moisturizing.

I rollerset my hair Saturday night. Of course I put on my favorite leave ins and sealed with coconut oil. No setting lotion though. I didn't use any heat. I just let it dry over night with my satin night cap on. And it turned out beautiful. The curls were bouncy a shiny. My moiture levels were through the roof. I loved it. I even wore my ahir down today. Something I won't be doing for a long time. I enjoyed it so. And I could feel my clean scalp as a gentle breeze blew.

I just got through moisurizing with my Wave Nouveau and Pantene Silk Transformation Creme. Then I sealed with coconut oil. And my hair is still gorgeous. It's silky smooth and soft to the touch. I had to bun it and cover though. But at least I know that my hair is back on track. I don't see any splits. And with the slight dusting I did a few days ago, I'm sure that I may have gotten any little splits that may have popped up recently.

I'm so glad that things are working out for my hair. I will admit that shedding is bugging me a little bit. But it's long strands with white bulbs. That's healthy. I'm just glad that I'm back in the sweing of things. The Bee Mine has come back into use as well. So now my full regimen is being used again. Yay! It's good to be hair home. LOL

2 comments:

Ms. S said...

This is great! Keep up the good work. I think I may begin doing 2 week progress photos as well.

Hairlicious Inc. said...

Thats amazing!! See when you experiment and try different things you stumble upon what works best for your hair. I think you found it.