Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pic and Product Review


Here is the picture of that new do I was talking about in my previous post

Ok...So now that I'm about 6-7 weeks post relaxer, my hair is going through some expected changes. The roots are a little rough. LOL. And that fresh relaxed luster is gone, but I'm still shining. The most noted change I noticed though is that I'm a little on the frizzy size. I expected that because it's winter time. That's part of the reason that I decided to do the French braids in the first place. I didn't want to to try and straighten my hair. I just decided that braiding would do well in maintaining the frizz and protect the hair even more.

I'm not stressing over the texture that my hair has though. I'm working with it by doing the braids. But that doesn't mean that I can't treat the frizz. Remember, if the hair is frizzy it's lacking something or may have too much of something. In my case, I'm thinking that I'm lacking moisture. So to treat this little issue, I purchased the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. I love this stuff. It goes on so easily. And it does exactly what it's supposed to do. It tames the hair without weighing it down. I will say this though. A little goes a little way. So be careful not to over do it. And work it into the hair (especially the ends) really well. And then just style. It's a definite staple for me this winter.
The thickness of my hair is amazing. The only thing is that it tends to get a little tanlged when when I'm doing my scalp massages. So I go for my trusty Pantene detangler/conditioning mist. I put this directly on the roots. Then, I finger comb and go through with my shower comb. And then all is well and good. And I'll continue to do this until I start using my serum again next month.

No comments: