Thursday, January 24, 2013

Clear and Clear Mattifying Review

Kristin, why are you blogging in the middle of the day?  Because I'm home sick from work.  Being sick sucks, but it allows for some good blogging time. :) Anyways...

Last week, I purchased the Clean and Clear Mattifying Cleanser and the moisturizer.  This is just a review on those products.

Let's start with the cleanser.  The texture is a cross between a foam and and exfoliating wash.  It's super lightweight.  I'm not huge on gritty things being used daily, but it's not chunky grit.  It's fine like sugar sort of.  Maybe a little finer.  It has a an extremely light scent.  It just smells clean.

I've been using it for about 5 days now, and I must say that I'm super impressed.  Initially, I thought it would be drying and make my skin look like I had on a full face of powder.  But it's not like that at all.  It really does help control the oil without making me look dry at all.  The texture of my skin feels smoother and appears clearer.  I'm in love with this stuff.  It doesn't create that gross cakey look on the skin.  That's a huge plus.

The moisturizer is a bit tricky.  See, it has a sunscreen in it which is fantastic for the skin.  But this is not a chemical sunscreen, so applying too much will make the skin look chalky.  However, it applied in small amount and full rubbed into the skin, it does the job of mattifying and controlling oil.  I would recommend mixing a tiny amount with a daily serum or tinted  moisturizer to get the coverage and protection.

Like the cleanser, the smell is very light and clean.  It absorbs into the skin fairly well.  I also like the way it makes my skin feel.  It's smooth and gives a youthful look.

I would recommend this duo for combination/oily skin.  It gets the skin so clean.  It's rejuvenating.  Not to mention, it's fairly inexpensive.  I got them at Big Lots for just 3.80 USD a piece.  I hope this review was helpful and that you all give it a try. :)

No comments: