Sunday, June 20, 2010

L.A. Colors Makeup Products

As I promised, I'm finally doing a review of the lot of L.A. Colors items I've accumulated over the past few months. Let me be totally honest. After using their products, I feel like an idiot for paying tons of money for Sephora and other products that cost a lot more. I have the finishing powder, and array of eyeshadows, mascara, eyeliner, blush, and lip products. They are serious competition for bigger brands.

The only drawbacks I can think of for this line is a complete line not being available in stores across the U.S. and the color intensity. The packaging is simple and to the point but tends to give and appearance of being cheap. Technically at the price it's available for, it is cheap. The products are good though.

The colors won't pop without the aid of an eyeshadow primer. This is true for most eyeshadows because they crease and fade. With the primer (I prefer Urban Decay), they last all day and look pretty like the more expensive brands. Color options are somewhat limited, but mixing colors give you a wide range of choices.

Lip gloss and lipstick with this brand is average. You have to reapply frequently, but I don't mind for only a dollar. You get what you pay for. The pigments are pretty and natural. They're moisturizing as well. I don't get the cracked lip or peeling from these. I used them frequently whether I had a full face of makeup or I'm just dressing up my lips with a light face powder.

Mascaras and eyeliner work pretty well. They say as long as you prime the eye first. Clumping is occasional and running of liner happens when my eyes are really watery.

I think I'm talking to much now. The bottom line is that I give L.A. Colors the seal of approval for an inexpensive line that provides good colors, portability and style that won't leave you broke and sorry. LOL

No comments: