Friday, September 28, 2012

Circle Lenses :)

I'm jumping on the circle lenses train.  I've been watching the videos, doing my research, and admiring the results others have had with these Asian-born wonders.

In case you all are not familiar with the circle lenses, let me give you a little info.  The purpose of these contacts are mostly fashionable.  They aren't supposed to be worn for more than 8 hours at a time.  The concept behind these lenses are that they will create the illusion of larger looking irises which appear to make the eyes look larger.  They are highly popular in East Asia.

Circle lenses are not available for sale in the United States because they aren't approved by the FDA.  Apparently, the larger the contact, the less oxygen your eyes receive.  This could cause injury to the eye with a worse case scenario of blindness.  This is the reason they are not available for sale in the US.  As stated before they are not meant to be worn for more than 8 hours at a time to prevent the risks of eye injuries.  They are available in both prescription and non prescription.

The occurrence of harm to the eyes is very low when the contacts are used as specified.  To my knowledge, there is a very low chance of injury to the eye with circle lenses if you follow simple rules on cleaning the lenses, storing them properly, and keeping the hands clean.  It is also important to soak them in fresh solution  before EVERY use.  Never ever ever use old solution.  This is true even for regular contacts.  And let me emphasize...  DO NOT WEAR FOR MORE THAN 8 HOURS.  That means no falling asleep in them either.  You will damage your eyes if you abuse these simple rules.

Circle lenses typically come in two wear lengths.  There are the 30 days lenses which are a bit cheaper and the others that last for one year that costs a bit more.  The average prices are about 10-15 US dollars for 30 day lenses and 20-40 US dollars for the one year lenses.  I chose the one year lenses because it seemed like a better value.  However, this is completely up to you.  The sizes vary as well with and average of about 14mm across.  Some of the largest I've seen were 16+mm.

My wanting to buy these lenses is just me wanting to change it up a little bit.  I love experimenting with beauty products and trying new things.  I'm a product junkie too which doesn't help.  I decided on the Geo Super Size Nudy Grey.  The color change is subtle and compliments brown eyes very nicely from what I've seen.  The size is 14.8 mm which is on the bigger side.  Go hard or go home, right?

I'm not going to post pics at this point in time, but I will be sure to after I get them.  I'll likely do a before and after comparison.  I'm so excited.  I purchased my contacts from shoppingholics.com.  I'll provide a direct link to the pair I purchased right here.  Let me know what you think about the circle lense craze.

No comments: