Saturday, September 8, 2012

Let Us Detangle!

An essential function of proper hair care is detangling.  I know that the process for those who are relaxed and stretching, natural, or those that just have hair that tangles easily is daunting.  The shower comb can only go so far, the wide toothed comb just isn't working, and using a brush can be damaging to the hair.

I found this lovely alternative that is made especially for detangling the hair.  This is the Tool Structure All Plastic Detangling Comb.  I found it at Sally's for about 2 dollars.  I know that I tend to rave about hair care, but this comb is the business.  It is sturdy, cheap, and it really gets the job done for me.  The smaller teeth make for a more honest job of getting out tangles and snags.

The method I use for detangling my hair and my daughter's hair is simple and time consuming all the same.  However, I've found that using this comb makes it worth it.  I have thick hair, and so does my daughter.  So what we do first is thoroughly moisturize the hair, section it off into small pieces, and then start at the ends and work out way up to the roots.  This is standard practice.  The difference is this comb gets to ares that the wider toothed combs can't.  And because of this the results last longer.

I would recommend using this comb maybe two or three times a week on moisturized hair for the best results. HHG :)

No comments: