Monday, November 28, 2016

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Review

I know there are a million other people with this palette already, but I want to have my say as well.

The reality is that many makeup palettes look differently on woman of color.  We have deeper tones, and this does impact the wa that certain colors look on us compared to someone with a light to medium complexion.  So I am going to review from that perspective.

Let's just talk about the packaging for a moment.  Too Faced never ceases to amaze me with their lovely packaging.  The design team needs to stay paid, consistently.  It's cute, evocative of what they are offering, and functional.  This is not a flimsy thing.  It's sturdy.
The smell is WOW!  It smells just like chocolate.  Smells good enough to eat, but I will refrain from doing so. :)  The color concentration is fantastic.  It's build-able and goes on smoothly. I did't experience any fall out or patchiness.  Once I put them on my skin, I did realize that the lighter colors did appear true to color with building and were visible with building.  Everything is vibrant and works for me perfectly.  The browns actually show up on my skin and the pinks are pink on my skin as well, but I still use a white base for a brighter pink at times.  That is a huge plus because there have been times where I bought something that just looked like a base for the other colors I use in my makeup look.

I was afraid that I was buying for beauty and would only be using a few colors.  But I have used every single shade. This is actually my go to palette for most of my makeup looks currently.  It's versatile and so pretty.  I just can't help myself.


No comments: