Monday, February 15, 2010

Budget Beauty Fix



I am an addict. I can't stop shopping. But the bright side to that is that I never run out of items to review and material from which to write. :)

I checked out two of my favorite stores for bargains: Dollar Tree and Big Lots. At the Dollar Tree I picked up all the makeup items in the picture (two lipsticks, 1 lipgloss, foundation, small lip palette, and three eyeshadows. At Big Lots I picked up a mini brush set (enclosed in the black case that reads "Ms. Makeup" on the front), and Sebastian thermal styler.

Now that I think about it, I may have bought some other items. But these things were big hits on my list....Yeah...I did buy more stuff. I got some some more brushes and eyeliner. But those where things that I replace or something like that.

My whole point in doing this is to prove that you can have beauty on a budget. I don't think I spent more than 20 dollars on beauty products this evening. And these are brand name items. I spent a lot of time just searching for that perfect. And I want to share that information because of the poor economy.

This isn't me showing off or anything. This is a broke college student (who is a single mother as well) that wants to keep up her appearance. It would be awesome if I could just carelessly throw my money away. But I have to be super careful. And I'm hoping that I can get a better camera so that I can do makeup shots of the fabulous things I'm doing with these items. They may be inexpensive, but they are great products. And so I guess I'm on some silly quest to prove it. LOL. Stay tuned and see what happens. Much love, and stay beautiful. :)

I think I tried to justify my spending problem....LOL

No comments: