Saturday, February 6, 2010

Foundation and Concealer

The other day, my friends and I went to Wal-Mart. So much fun. You know I headed straight for the makeup aisle. LOL. And I picked up two really cool products. Both are made by Maybelline New York. The first product I got was Pure Makeup foundation in tan (dark 1). The other was Age Rewind Double Face Perfector (dark).I've been on the hunt for new foundation for a little while. I'm currently using Mary Kay foundation in bronze 500. And as much as I love it, 14 dollars is a little steep these days. So I got the Maybelline as a sort of comparable product. And it's great. It's water based which is great because some oils do clog the pores. It has great, even coverage. At five dollars, I couldn't ask for much more. I'm still in the testing phase with it, so I'll have to use it a little longer. But so far so great.

The concealer is a miracle worker. I had been using the Sephora concealer stick I got for 12 dollars. It was not for me because it didn't last long enough. The formula could get pretty chalk like and not blend with some products. Anyway, the Maybelline concealer covers so well. I love it. I hadn't seen my eyes look that bright in a long time. I paid right under eight dollars for it. Oh...did I mention there is a concealer end and highlighter end? Honestly, I will probably use it exclusively for concealing, but the feature is nice. It blends well and has a nice creamy texture. This will be something I will buy again.

No comments: