Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Relaxer Woes and Results

So, my relaxer didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it too. I had a processing issue but it came out pretty good still. But I have to admit that I majorly freaked out at first. Also, I decided to cut about and inch of all the way around because I felt like it was necessary to achieve a look I was going for. But don't worry. I'm still APL (and working on BSL).

Anyway, here is a pic of my hair in some soft curls after the cut was complete.
I don't have a shot of my edges, but they have pretty much grown all the way out. That breakage is all gone now. That was a major goal for me to grow the edges in nice and healthy. It took about a year to get them where I really wanted them. The wait was so worth it though.

Now, let me explain the cutting. My ends were not filling in the way I wanted. They were healthy but uneven. So I decided to go ahead and do some chopping. It worked out great. Sometimes when I cut my hair a little blunt, I just keep it in rollers and wear curls. It's low manipulation and cute. Loose or tight, wavy or more coiled...curls work well for me.

I haven't bought any hair products. I'm only going to replenish what I'm already using. The one thing I did get though was the Garnier Fructis Firm Hold Hairspray. Curls stay longer if you sprayed them. But I don't think I'll use that much. And I'll be back into a co washing routine that will wash out the gunk anyhow.

I've had a sudden interest in hair accessories. I wanted to jazz up simple styles and be different. I have headbands, clips, barrettes...And they aren't damaging either. They really add that little something to the hair and complete a look.

My rambling is out of control. LOL. HHG!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cut looks great Sis...I'm so proud of you..Your hair is making great progress...It looks healthy and much thicker....Keep up the good work !!

Missy Krissy said...

Thank you so much. Being a member of KISS has really helped me through all this. All the support and tips have been wonderful. I don't think I would gotten to this point without that site. :)