Friday, January 30, 2009

Self Relax

I'm so proud of myself. I put on my own relaxer for the first time. And I think I did a pretty good job. I may have rinsed it out too soon because I was afraid of overprocessing. Nonetheless, here are the results. The first image is my hair before the relaxer. The second pic is my hair after the relaxer.
I know it looks like I could use a trim. But at the moment, I'm just dusting until I get to my desired length. Besides, my ends aren't lighter than the rest of my hair. That means they aren't dead. Plus I'm part of the One Year No Trimming Challenge and the KISS Challenge Tough Love Boot Camp which requires that I don't trim. But I am allowed to dust. Despite the fact that I haven't had a trim in months, I'm not seeing any breakage or slowing down in growth. My hair is healthier than it's ever been. And the length will fill in with the coming months.

At any rate, comment on my new venture into home health care. And HHG! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay...Im glad your first relaxer came out good...

Traycee

Missy Krissy said...

I am too. I was so scared to do it, but I couldn't take it anymore. I was 13 weeks post. Plus I promised myself that I would do it.