Thursday, January 8, 2009

Revamp

Ok. So things are getting back to normal now. And so I'm ready to get back to normal as well. I have to admit that I've been going through some things that have caused me t not be taking the best care of my hair. But that little phase is over. I'm gonna have a husband soon. So I can't let myself walk around here lookin a hot mess. LOL

I'm doing a revamp on my regimen. I've already started shampoo washing less. And I'm going back to my growth serum. It's not just the amazing growth I get with it. I love the smell and the oils in it. They're really good for the scalp. And I'm having mild scalp dryness. Also, I am movig away from the braids. I don't like that. Braiding my hair a bit time consuming, but it holds moisture in longer, and I like the texture. Plus, it protects the hair from the sun ans wind damage of the winter.

My ends seem to be turning against me. But that's ok. My solution is going back to my baggies until I like what i see. They tend to be highly effective if I do this at least twice a week. The way I baggy is I add a good conditioner with some oils and let it sit over night. Then I conditioner wash the next day.

I've switched up on the prepoos as well. I'm going to try letting olive oil sit in my hair with a plastic cap overnight. Another options is to put the oil on witha plastic cap and go under my bonnet dryer for 30 minutes. This would really let the oils soak into my scalp. And then I could follow up with a a moisturizing shampoo and the whole deep condioning regimen.

That brings me to this. I've been so short on time lately that I've been deep conditioning my hair prior to washing. It's just as effective. I do this especially when I'm in a big hurry. I like to let the conditioner sit on my hair as long as a I can stand to wear the cap. And I try to do things around the house that cause make me work up a sweat. That way I feel the heat from my body under the cap. Then when I rinse I try to do a little detangling because it's so easy to do at this point.

No comments: