Friday, November 27, 2009

Hair Happenings

Yesterday I went to my great-aunt's for Thanksgiving. I won't elaborate. I'll just say that I need to wash my hair for sure. A lot of people in my family smoke. I used to, but I was successful in kicking that habit for good. (Thank Goodness!) But yeah. The air was filled with smoke. And I know that a lot of that is in my hair. I would've washed it last night, but I was so tired when I hit the door.

So today, I'm going to do what I like to call a "Weekend Wash". This is because I usually do it on th weekend. And I have plenty of time just kinda lounging around not doing too much. So I take that time doing a full wash a super deep conditioning. And since it's getting cold, I can spend all that time with wet hair indoors. No colds for Krissy! ;)

I'm trying to think up a good prepoo. I guess my new virgin coconut oil would be more than ideal. I'll just rub that through really good and put on a plastic cap for an hour or so. I could just use the amla gold oil, but I was to see what the coconut will do for my scalp. And it's supposed to help with shed; something that I've been having just a bit of an issue with. And it smells nice too.

I'm wash with the Giovanni Organics Smooth and Silk shampoo. I love that stuff. I'm knighting it my regular shampoo. It has no sulfates. That means no drying out of the hair and no stripping my natural oils. Yay! Then I will probably do a light protein with the Aphogee. Then I'll deep condition with the end of my Neutrogena deep conditioner mixed with the end of some coconut oil I bought a few months ago. (Not the virgin coconut oil I have now.) I would use the Organics Hair Mayonnaise but I don't want to go overboard on the protein.

But yeah, that's it. HHG! :)

No comments: