Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Product Love!!!

Sunday night, I made a trip to Walgreens partly because I was bored and I was tagging along with my gramma. I couldn't resist. I went straight for the hair aisle. But I had a really good reason. I was in need of a good deep conditioner. I was out of my Neutrogena in such a short amount of time. And even though I would have loved to get more, I decided that I would go cheaper.

I looked at the Hair Mayonnaise made by ORS. But the 9.99 price tag didn't turn me on. So I just kept right on. Then I almost reached for the Queen Helene Cholesterol. It was 3.99 which was more than I was willing to pay for it. And I tend to have to mix it with oils and such to get the desired effect. So I left it there. Then I saw something that had the best of both worlds. It was still hair mayonnaise, but it was 3.99. It's Organics Hair Mayonnaise. It was the first time I tried anything from their line. I also grabbed some Africare 100% Glycerin. (This is vegetable glycerin.)Let me cut to it. This is the best deep conditioner I've used in ages. It's awesome. It spreads well over the hair. I could feel it get down to the roots and all that. The smell is not great, but it's not bad either. Not offensive at all. The consistency is thinner that what I'm used, but it doesn't take away from how well it works. I left it on my hair with a plastic cap for about 45 minutes (no heat) and let it work it's magic. When I rinsed, I could feel how soft and untangled my hair was and the slip... (Gotta have slip girls!) Even as my hair was drying, that softness was still there. And it made my hair so shiny. This is my new favorite deep conditioner. Did I mention less shed even though I'm 13 and half weeks post relaxer?The next day I went back and got the Organics Olive Oil Moisturizing Growth Lotion. And it was another hit. Again, the consistency is thin, but it coats the hair well. And it did wonders for my ends. It's a great moisturizer. My hair shiny. And it's not greasy whatsoever. It's super awesome. And the smell is amazing. Very sweet and soft.

2 comments:

tallMocha said...

I've seen the hair mayo before. Gotta try it out!

LaQT/ Ty said...

I'll have to check this out. I am currently using the ORS Hair Mayo and I like it so if this is the cheaper alternative, I will try it once I use this up.