Monday, March 9, 2009

Package Arrival

I'm so excited. I'm a little surprised as well. My package from iHerb.com came in the mail today. I had no idea that it would get here so soon. I placed my order Thursday evening, and it came this morning. It's such a joy to get stuff in the mail. It's like it's Christmas or something. LOL.

I moisturized my hair and sealed with the new coconut oil that just came in the mail. And I was amazed. My ends and just all of my hair felt so soft. I have used some coconut oil in the past, but it was refined. I don't think that version is. Or at least, the new one I have is all natural. But yes...It was a nice change. It was so shiny and smooth. Awesomeness...yes!

At any rate, even though I don't have my aloe vera juice, I decided to get to mixing any how. I substituted with filtered water from the tap. I mixed a little glycerin and rose water together. And then I added the coconut oil. I put all together and just kinda sprayed the new growth surrounding the center part of my hair and the sides because they are getting a little fuzzy because of my new growth. I was so far from disappointed. I couldn't believe how nice it felt. I keep touching my hair. I'm such a dork. My point is that I think I've found the right balance of moisture for me. I still want the aloe vera juice just to make sure I'm getting some vitamins to the surface and roots of my hair. But this mix I have will work for me for right now just to hold the moisture. I love it.

I have the Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner in my possession as well. I'm just as excited about these products. I'm especially excited about a shampoo with no sulfates. It's like this: TreSemme shampoo is good. But I'm wanting to take the more natural approach. As for the conditioner, I'm always looking for more moisture. I can't get enough of it.

Despite the rain, this is a great day for me. I should be going to CVS tomorrow to pick up the aloe vear juice. It's less than 15 dollars, so all should be well. :)

No comments: