Monday, March 2, 2009

Denman Brush To Go


So, I finally picked up the brushes of all brushes. I like the design. It's very easy to clean. And the price for this brush is probably worth it. The thing is, I don't like this brush for myself at certain times. For instance, If I'm stretching, this is not the brush for me. It sorta brought out a few more strands of hair than I liked. But if I'm freshly relaxed, this is the brush for me. So, it's not a bad brush at all. There are just specific times when I will and won't use it. This is not the brush for me past freshly relaxed hair. That being two weeks or less since my hair is growing super fast right now. (I'll get to that point in just few...)

The true beneficiary of this brush has been my daughter. My little honey is three years old with virgin 3c/4a type hair. It works beautifully for detangling and styling. I don't have to use a bristle brush anymore because the Denman smooths and detangles all in one swoop. And a comb for her hair is strictly for parting now. Her hair is amazingly strong and all natural. So she has little to no shed and no line of demarcation where breakage can occur. So moms, if you have a daughter who is natural, I would definitely recommend this brush. It will cut down on styling time by about a quarter to half the time.

Now let's talk about my new growth! Wow y'all. My new growth is coming in really fast. I think it's because i've cut down on manipulation by about25%. I've been wearing my buns daily and moisturizing as usual. I've even cut out some cowashing. It's just that I'm busy with school and all. So all the steps, plus this freakishly hot and cold weather...I don't want to get sick. Back to the newgrowth though... It's not as crazy as it has been in the past. My moisturizer (Wave Nouveau) is doing great things for my hair. The new growth is shiny, pretty easy to manage, and not that big of a pain. As a matter of fact, if things go well, I will wait until week 10 before I relax again.

The issue that I'm having with my hair now is it's strength. It just seems a little weak to me. So I've been using the Aphogee Two Minute Reconstructor. And I can feel an improvement taking place. But I'm in the market for a good, hard protein. I could use the hard protein once every 8 weeks or so. And then I could use the Aphogee in betweent that time.

That's all for now I guess. I'll be back with more reviews by next week because I'll be on spring break then. HHG! :)

No comments: