Thursday, October 9, 2008

Anticipation

I'm starting to get impatient with my new growth. It seems like it's been forever since I've relaxed. And it has been. I'm doing all that I can to keep the beast in check, but it's taking over. So while my hair looks smooth and shiny on the outside, at the roots I'm a little messy. It could be and has been worse. The good thing is that after I finish out this week and next week, I'll be able to relax. Then I'll get to see how long my hair is. A step closer to APL would be fine by me.

After I relax, I'm thinking that I will do a rollerset. Blow drying is a no no. I'm already chemically processing. There is no need to add more strain. I may never use heat again. If I'd know it was this easy, it would have been gone a long time ago. At any rate, I'm happy. I just want to see my beautiful new length. It's going to be gorgeous. And I have all the things I need to get that salon look.

I'm not going to do a length dust until March or April of next year. I have a feeling that I won't need to. Being heat free has in turn made me split free. And I'm not longer concerned with everything being perfectly even. Human hair isn't meant to grow that way. It'll be in a bun all the time anyhow. All I want to do is retain as much length as possible.

Now that I'm growing so fast, I'm thinking that I will change my length goal for June to between APL and BSL. I'm definitely past shoulder. That was the hardest part. I heard the horror stories of wearing shoulder length hair down. I'll never do it again. But getting back to length, I'm trying to be realistic about this whole thing. I'm doing all that I can to achieve maximum growth. I massage and keep moisture in the hair. And it's going well. I'm just trying to figure out if I actually have a stopping point. Some women won't go past BSL of MBL. I haven't been there in forever. I guess my level of comfort will come with time.

I'm having a pleasant experience with my vitamins. I mean they don't make me feel ill or anything. Lots of women that have taken them complained that they give you gas and all that. But I think they're ok. It'll be awhile before I see results. Taking them three times a day is hard to remember to do at times. :S I'm getting better at it though. I can't wait to see f they work. Combining them and the serum should turn me into a hairy beast. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stage between shoulder and APL has been a killer for me.

tallMocha said...

what do you mean "horror stories about wearing shoulder length hair down?" i want to be @ that length by May...!!

Missy Krissy said...

When the hair is this length, it's hard for it to get past that point for some reason. And at that length it brushes against the clothes and could cause breakage. But styling is a bit easier.