Saturday, October 11, 2008

Smooth and Silky/Winter Regimen

Clarifying worked like charm for me yet again. I'm deep conditioning with my bonnet dryer in my head as I type, but I'm still able to see the luxurious results. I did my pre poo, used my clarifying shampoo, the TreSemme, the pre conditioning mix, and now I'm working on the KeraCare.

I hadn't used the TreSemme shampoo before in conjunction with the Suave, but I could tell a big difference. The TreSemme starting the smoothing right away. And then I put on the Pantene and VO5 mix. I combed it through my hair like a hot knife through butter. Not one tangle in sight. I was so relieved. And I could feel the incredible slip from the conditioners. I'm so pleased. My hair yesterday was a mess compared to what it is at this moment. So once again, I learn the importance of clarifying my hair. I guess I'm just one of those that has to do it twice a month.

When my hair is wet, I can feel the very tip of it touch my back. It's so exciting! In a few months, it should be at least two or three inches longer. That should put me right where I need to be for the winter months. I want that longer, thicker hair so that I can be warm. Plus, in the event that I lose a little hair, I won't feel as bad because I'll still be able to retain most of my length.

I don't think I'm going to change my regimen all that much. Just minor things. I may used a thicker moisturizer. I'm not sure yet because I love the Wave Nouveau so much. Co washing in the morning is out of the question. I will do this at night so that my hair will be dry the next day. I refuse to go outside with a wet head. I can't afford to get sick. In addition to this, I will only co wash on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will still use the growth serum, but just during the day time. I usually sleep with it and wash it off the next day, but I spend more time awake than I do sleep, so that will just give it more time to work it's magic. Deep conditioning will be upped to three times a week. I will do one with every co wash and regular wash. I don't want my hair to have the opportunity to get dry. Protein treatments will be once or twice a month. Leave in conditioner will be used everyday to protect that moisture as well as coconut oil. (NO EXCEPTIONS!!!) And lastly, I will be wearing a hat anytime I go outdoors accompanied by my satin cap. The fabrics used for hats are too damaging, so I will need the satin to back me up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great plan