Thursday, October 2, 2008

Basics and New Adventures

Since my hair seems to be doing so well these days, I want to make extra sure that nothing slows this down. So I've decided after I've been wearing my style for a few weeks, I'm going back to my bun. I like it because I don't have to comb my hair for this one. And I dries without any flyaways. I was also inspired by my cousin's mother in law. She has long hair also. And she keeps her hair in a bun all the time. She told me that she had been bunning her hair since high school. That was enough for me.


Another source of inspiration fo me lately is Japan. I've always been in love with the culture, but I'm particularly interested in making kanzashi. These are hair adornments made from silk fabric. I'm sure other fabrics can be used, but silk is the best material. The thing is these are supposed to be pretty easy to make. And now that I'm limiting the things that I put in my hair, I'd like to try to make some. It shouldn't cost that much. I'll go to Wal-Mart and get some satin or other pretty fabric and experiment that way. Some materials can even be found at the dollar stores. I'm gonna be a hana kanzashi making fool. And the good thing is I can secure them to clips, bobby pins, or hair sticks. I'll just put this on my list of things to accomplish in the next month or so. I just have to give it a try.

No comments: