Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rollerset and Upcoming Length Check

My hair is wonderful today. It's so soft, I can run my fingers through it. And I'm at least 9 weeks post relaxer. Can you say miracle? LOL. I took the rollers out this morning and was amazed at what I saw. There was so much shine and body. It's full and gorgeous. The pain of rolling the hair at night while sleepy and having to figure out how to sleep with it was well worth it. But of course I put my hair into a neat bun. I'm glad I did too. I ended up at a cookout at my grandfather's. The air was thick with smoke and I was sweating. But wearing my hair in a bun protected my ends.

I got a chance to put my new moisturizer, Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion, on my air dried roller set and this evening for my nightly moisturizing. Now I'm more than sure how amazing it is. My ends feel like silk. And the consistency is great for my hair. The smell is light and pleasant. This is what is going into my regimen forever. I'm never gonna let it go. It's so perfect. I hope to find a super large bottle of this when it's time to get moisturizer again.

It's a good thing when I find items like my new moisturizer that I fall in love with at first use. It helps me to achieve a more stable, healthy regimen. I'm not tempted to fix what isn't broken. I feel the exact same way about the Neutrogena. I'm such a moisture whore, that I used them in combination. LOL. But the important part is that it works for me. The relief I feel is more than I can ask for. I know to some people it's just hair products. But to me, my hair is my life. I've ignored it and abused it for so long. Now I'm going to treasure it.

My length check photo will be due tomorrow. I couldn't be happier. Just for fun, I measured my slightly wavy rollerset hair when I got home and moisturized. It's a quarter of an inch longer than it was last week. It's hard to believe, but true. And the length isn't thin and raggedy. It looks good and healthy. A girl that I attend Bible class with is also interested in growing her hair as well told me that she noticed how healthy and long my hair is getting these days. I anticipate how long my hair will be in the next three to six months. If I keep on this path, it can only get better and longer resulting in good growth check pics.

No comments: