Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gimme Protein!

It's been awhile since I've done a protein treatment on my hair. Hence, that may be the reason that I'm experiencing excess shed. Not to worry though. I can fix it. :) I'm just trying to figure out what to combine together to make my own. I think I'll try this:
  • 1 egg
  • mayonnaise
  • conditioner
  • amla oil
I decided that I like to use my amla oil when I'm mixing it with things like my pre poos and protein treatments. It's good stuff. It's just that smell. It's odd. I use it to pre poo the night before I wash sometimes. I'm gonna have to get more of this as I discover new ways to use it. I'm trying to think outside the box a little on this one. I consider it somewhat of an ayurvedic product.

This is the line up for my wash this weekend. I won't change it because I'm so indecisive that I have to be solid when I say I'm gonna do something. Here goes:
  • pre poo/protein treatment
  • shampoo
  • condtioner rinse with VO5/Pantene mix
  • KeraCare deep condition (without heat-1 hour)
  • air dry in bun

So, I haven't used my growth serum since last Friday. The reason why is because I wanted to be extra sure that I didn't have any on my scalp when I relax on Monday. And I'm glad I did it this way. I got a little laxy during the course of the week and ended up not co washing until Wednesday. So if I had used my aid Saturday or Sunday night, I would not have had a full week go by before I relaxed. Not safe...

My scalp massages are an important part of my daily regimen. They feel good, give me a bit of a workout, and stimulate growth. I'm also able to feel what my new growth is really like. I've gotten more acquainted with the health of my scalp and new growth just by massaging. It's really neat. I can touch my scalp and know that I need to wash or may notice a dry patch that wasn't there before. Couldn't say that a few months back. But I'm glad I do it.

The vitamins I'm taking are starting to work I think. My skin is looking rather good. Even while being on my cycle, I didn't have any breakouts or random flare ups. And the tone appears to be evening out a little. My nails are stronger as well. And the tips are white. They grow back really fast even after a break. And I'm just at about two weeks with these things. It's amazing. I do't know what they are doing ot my hair though. I shed more. But this time the strands are longer and I see less of them. I don't see breakage-just shed. So I guess that's a good thing. It promotes healthy shed. It's pretty soft as well. Even without the leave ins and moisturizing, I feel a texture change of sorts. It's kind of hard to explain. LOL

No comments: