Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday Present from Mom

Well...Today I was supposed to give myself a birthday present. I was going to relax my own hair. But my mother called this morning, and she wants me to come over to her house so she can relax my hair as a birthday present. And not wanting to hurt her feelings, I agreed. Plus, she's gonna cook. I can't say no to her cooking ever. LOL. SO YUMMY!!!

I'm sitting here right now just feeling my new growth. It's not as bad as it's been in the past. I actually like the texture. But I'll be glad to see it straightened so I can see how long my hair is. Oh, that reminds me...I will be rollersetting and putting on my bonnet dryer for two reasons. After I leave my mother's house, I may have to make a run. So I don't want to be going in the store or something with a head full of rollers. Tacky, ghetto mess! And, I would hate for my wet hair to be exposed to the elements. And I'm in a time crunch. But at least it's still considered a form of indirect heat. And my ends will be rolled up, so they should be okay.

I'm packing up all my products to take over there. I'd be embarrassed if my mother saw all these hair products. She would start in on me. So I'm trying to find a small bag that will still fit all my stuff. And I have to carry the baby bag too. :/ It'll be fine.

It's a good thing she is doing my hair for me. And I appreciate and except her give whole-heartedly. She's the best mom in the world. I just wanted to get that experience of relaxing my own hair and learning. I have to wait another 12 weeks before I do. But I guess it's ok. It is my birthday after all. And she means so well. :) She'll get to spend time with her only grand baby. (They talk on the phone everyday. It's so cute.) And it is one less thing for me to do.

I'll be sure to post some pics here and on K.I.S.S. so all my sistas can see my progress.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Today is my son's
5th birthday! Best Wishes with your touchup.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday....You know I was just about to ask you to post pics...hahaha

Missy Krissy said...

Oh there will be pics. I just got home from getting it done though. We got started way late. But I will have them up by tomorrow afternoon. :)