Thursday, October 9, 2008

Clarifying, Again

I guess it's time for me to clarify again. :S I would wait a week or two more, but I learned the hard way last time that if your hair says clarify, then you better do it. Or you could face the shed and tangles. Me...I'd rather obey the hair.

I noticed my last co wash (Tuesday of this week) that my hair wasn't responding as well to the conditioner like it normally does. It seemed a bit dry too. So I decided that maybe I wouldn't co wash more than twice this week instead of everyday from Tuesday like I had planned. So today rolls around and I'm ready to co wash so I could wash the serum out of my hair. So I did everything I normally do with a co wash. And I then the tangles came. I knew that my conditioners are great for detangling as long as there is no build up on my hair. But I had issues detangling today. That means I will have to clarify for the second time in a month. Plus, I feel a case of the crispies coming on...

I'm a cone user. I don't mean to do it, but they help my hair our a lot. I just have to clarify more often if I'm going to use them. I don't think this will be the case for at least 4 weeks after I relax. Relaxing makes the hair easy to comb through anyway. That means all the cones I use to detangle won't have to be used. I will have an entire month where I won't have to clarify. Still, I will have to get on this issue right away. So here's the line up for this week's wash:
  • Pre poo with Queen Helene Cholesterol, amla oil, coconut oil, and tea tree oil (1 hour)
  • Shampoo with Suave Daily Clarifying
  • Shampoo with TreSemme Smooth and Silky
  • Pre condition with Pantene/VO5 blend
  • Deep Condition with KeraCare Humecto Creme for (30 minutes with heat)
  • Bun hair (for sake of low manipulation)
  • Air dry
Sounds like a winner to me. I'm all about low maintenance. LOL. It may seem like a long list of things to do, but they're all so simple. wish my luck! ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a cone user too..Hahaha..Which it reminds me its time to clarify...I guess I will use some Apple cider Vinegar