Friday, October 17, 2008

Protein Remix

I decided to make a few changes to the protein mixture I'm making for tomorrow. I decided to add coconut oil. I did this because these treatments tend to make my hair a little hard. And I get softer hair when I add coconut oil to my mixtures. Also, instead of using the Queen Helene (a good base for my mixtures), I used VO5 instead. It was more economical. Plus, I don't want the consistency of the mixture to be thick. I prefer a thinner mix just to make sure I get good coverage.

Monday is the big day. I'll be 23 and doing my own relaxer for my birthday. I still haven't decided what to do with the porosity control. It'll probably be best if I use it after the chemical processing. That way I can put the moisture back into my hair. Besides, this is my first time doing this. And my main goal is taming that new growth. It'll be hard do see if my hair is wet. Once I master this, I should be fine.

So yeah. That's it I guess until I post about tomorrow's wash. It should go well.

2 comments:

Hairlicious Inc. said...

Happy Birthday (if I forget to tell you later)! I always use a cheapy conditioner in my protein mixes too. The porosity control conditioner is good to use before/after the chemical service to bring the pH level of the hair back down. Good luck with the self-relax.

Missy Krissy said...

Thanks so much. I hope all goes well. If it doesn't, I'll post pics and ask for tips. :)