Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Co washing Daily, again?

The last time I was co washing my hair daily, it was an unpleasant experience. I was seeing so much shed. It was frightening. The my hair was getting a mad case of the crispies. Eventually, I figured out that this was caused by my lack of clarifying my hair. So I did clarify and it cleared things up right away. Now that I'm no longer afraid, I may pick up the daily co washes with a weekend wash with a moisturizing shampoo. I feel like my hair can stand as much moisture as possible. I know that washing it like this will only promote hair growth. It can't help to grow since I'll be massaging my scalp in the shower. It's quite invigorating. I will get all that good shine and bounce that hair has after a fresh wash.

I did a pre poo today followed by a co wash. Seemed okay. For some reason though, it seems like I may not have gotten all the product out. But that's fine. It's only on my roots. And they could use the extra moisture anyhow. I'll be co washing as soon as I get up anyway. That should clean everything up. But next time, as a pre poo, I'll just use coconut oil. Then I'll deep condition. I wonder if I can can use my Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner for this... At any rate, I will not skip on the Pantene anyday. I usually do a pre conditioning before I deep condition. Moisture never hurts. There are a lot of things I'm going to pick up over the weekend by it being a new month. For me, this is the best time to buy things and try them so that I can remember exactly when I got them and know how it takes for them to work or not. Anyway...I must get the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave in Conditioner. All the ladies in the forums rave about this stuff. And at about 7 dollars, that's a sweet deal. Besides, the other brands I use are a bit more expensive, so this will save me between 3 and 5 dollars. I'm guessing this could double as my moisturizer when I run out or get low.

I'm looking to go ahead and buy a relaxing kit as well. I'm thinking about a regular formula (not coarse). And I'm looking at the children's section for this. Maybe Just for me or Silken Child. I'm not sure yet. But I won't be using the big girl relaxers anymore. The children's formulas are milder. It'll be my first time putting on my own relaxer so I have to make sure whatever I'm using won't harm me too much. I must get my head right for this or else I will find an excuse to stretch all the way into the end of November. Doesn't sound like such a bad idea right now...

With my relaxer, I plan on using the porosity control. My main purpose is to close the cuticle so that my hair will be protected. This stuff will make the results of my relaxer look better. There will be more shine and even distribution of the chemical process. That makes me happy. In the future when I have a bigger budget, I'll buy the large bottle but only if the small one works like I've heard it does.

I've written about this before- the brush. And I've decided on which one to buy. The baby brush is impractical because my hair is just too course. The boar bristle brush is more in my league. I need my hair to be smoothed out. And I hear that using a brush to distribute sebum gently can be good for your hair. But I'll start small and use it for smoothing only. And I'm looking into purchasing some aloe vera gel to aid in any styling that I may use a brush for. It won't look as bad this way.

I went by CVS today and got enough VO5 to last me until Decmber, I hope. If not, it's only a dollar. I got Honeydew Smoothie and Passion Fruit Smoothie. They smell really good. I don't know what the difference is between these two and the silk experiences, but I like them all. I will have to get more of the Champagne Kiss. It's my favorite. That reminds me, I'm getting low on my Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner. I need that stuff for every other co wash I do. That'll be another 6 or 7 bucks, but I'm ok with that.

This weekend is gonna be a good one for hair. I get to sleep with my hair damp in a bun. I'll have on a satin night cap too. It'll be so smooth in the morning.

1 comment:

Hairlicious Inc. said...

Get the NTM silk touch, its lovely. I use it as a leave-in along with Elasta Qp h-two. A natural boar bristle brush is key, it does a great job of smoothing the hair cuticles and giving your hair shine.

Have fun with the cowashes...

Sunshyne