Friday, September 26, 2008

Ultimate Hair Growth

Ok...On another site that I just love, I joined this group. The deal is that I am not allowed to trim my hair for a year. I can dust my ends, but no trimming is allowed. So why did I do this? Truth is, I'm trying to retain as much length as possible. I can't do that if I'm holding a pair of scissors to it often. This is my best option. I'll explain dusting in place of trimming.

Dusting

There are two definitions to this word. The first definition says that dusting is when you trim the entire length of the hair about 1/8 inch leaving a small dusting of hair on the floor. This is usually done every few months (about 3 or 4). The second definition is using a pair a of shears to trim split ends right above the start of the splitting. This can be done in the same frame of time or daily.

I've decided that utilizing both methods could be good for my hair. While I'm trying to gain length, I will use the second method to only get rid of any splits that could get in the way of me achieving my desired length. Once I get to that length though, I want it to look nice and neat. That's when I'll use the first method. I'll get everything nice and even. It'll be so pretty. I can see it now.

My decision to use this method was something I'd been thinking about for awhile. I needed a way to keep as much hair on my head as possible. And I'm indignant to myself when it comes to cutting because I don't know what to do. I try to go for even, but hair isn't naturally even. Then I end up trimmng more than I want to. I lose length and a little bit of my mind. Now I have these tools in my hand to help me out. Yay! I anticipate much length and growth.

1 comment:

Hairlicious Inc. said...

I haven't trimmed in the longest. Just light dustings and I've seen a lot of growth. Right now Im looking to start dusting myself. I think there are a couple videos on youtube explaining how to do it. I'll fill you in.