Monday, September 22, 2008

A Time to Clarify

I'm going to sum up some of the issues that I've been having with my hair lately. It's all because I need to clarify! I noticed that my hair seems resistant to all the treatments like daily moisturizing and deep conditioning. So I'm going to give my poor strands one more try. I'm gonna run to the closest Wal Greens and fetch a bottle of this stuff:
This is Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. So why did I choose it? First, it's cheap. And I have a great history with Suave. All I wanna do is remove the gunk from my hair. And I don't need another expensive hair product to do that. This one bottle is what I'm going to rely on from now on to do the trick. The last time I tried to clarify, I ended up not doing it right. I mixed the baking soda and water like I was supposed to, but I'm sure the stuff didn't work. Otherwise I wouldn't be where I am a short amount of time later needing to clarify. So I will rely on a product that is specially designed for this. (Just wanted to add that the reviews for this are pretty high.)

Thank goodness this problem can be solved because I was seriously thinking about cutting all my hair off from frustration. Tomorrow is an official co wash day. But instead, I'm going to be doing a full wash and set. That's with the clarifying shampoo, deep condition, and all. The rollerset too. I'm expecting great results because the ingredients will be able to penetrate the hair and to what it's supposed to do. Along with this is yet another length check.

I should be happier about my length check, but I'm not. It's not that I'm unhappy with my products or serum. The issue is just that checking length constantly makes me feel discouraged because I want it to grow now. But I'm rational and I know that it will take time. So I'm cutting back on the checks as soon as I get this first month with the serum out the way. The picture I take after the relaxer will be the last one that I do as far as length is concerned for a long time.

No comments: