Monday, September 29, 2008

Growing, Growing, Growing!!!

My excitement can hardly be contained. Why is this? I just found out that my hair has actually grown longer than I thought. That's right...In the last month my hair has grown exactly 1 and 3/4 inch! That's amazing to me. I guess I should explain how I measure my hair.
I tape a measuring tape like the one a tailor uses or the kind used to measure the waist. I clip it to the front part of my head. In other words, I measure from the root in the front all the way to the ends in the back. I do this straight down the middle of my hair. I look at the back of my hair by sitting in front of the mirror and using another mirror to see the reflection behind me. Quite effective. :) And the numbers are large enough for me to see with out having to do any crazy acrobatics to see where the hair stops.

So let's talk numbers... On August 21st, my hair measured 18 inches exactly. But today when I measured, I was in for quite a shock. I am now at 19 3/4 inches! That's all most 2 inches of growth. So that means I must have been a little off when I was figuring out how much growth I got from the serum. I'm hoping things will continue this way over the next 6 months. My growth will be off the charts! I'm already expecting my hair to be 20 1/2 long after I relax. It'll be so exciting.

I'm not going to be measuring for a few months after the relaxer. I'm thinking along the lines of three or four months when it's time for another relaxer. I like the whole element of surprise. Besides, I'm going to be wearing my hair in buns a majority of the time. This is going to prevent me from seeing it all the time. I'm hoping that by late January/early February I can get to 22 inches. That would make my year. If I really wanna push things, I would say 24. But I think that everything has it's limits.

Nonetheless, this good news is making my hair journey just that more exciting. Who knows how much more it will grow. :)

No comments: