Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My official blog

So I'm finally heret. It's been a long time coming, but I'm so ready now. I've got the time and patience. Most of all I'm building up this nice little collection of hair products. And I have to have a place to dedicate all this info to. So let's begin! :)

Assessing My Hair

This is a photo that I took on September 6, 2008


I did it mainly so that I could assess the state of my hair. So let's see what I've got here...It's thick. I'm about 6 weeks post relaxer in this pic if I remember correctly. I had trimmed my hair just a few days prior. So I would say that I'm a comfortable shoulder length. It's relatively healthy I guess. The shine factor could be better. And I feel like it looks a little dry. But that's ok.

I got my growth serum just over a week ago. And I've been using it on a daily basis. I put it on at night and co wash it out in the morning. I guess it's going well. I'm thicker, but that could just be the new lack of relaxer. I'm gonna have to give this product a full month before I can see the real results. That will be followed by a relaxer and a trim. The good thing about the product i'm using is that it doesn't smell, and it's easy to apply. It doesn't take much either. My bottle should last a good few months.

My regimen is a bit crazy right now. Here it goes

Co wash daily
Growth serum every night
Moisturize and seal 2x daily (may have to up it to three)
Deep condition 2x weekly(and w/heat on wash day)
Baggie method 2-3x weekly overnight
Daily scalp massage
Wash 1x a week(w/shampoo)
Rollerset once a week (or braid out)
No direct heat at all
Protective bun or tuck style daily

No comments: