Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Love My New Moisturizer

Recently, I switched moisturizers. This is the one that I was using: Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme. It was great. But I had been using it for a long time. It worked great. It wasn't too overwhelming as far as smell was concerned. And it is relatively inexpensive at less than four dollars. I went through a jar a month.
I think that sometimes the hair can get comfortable with a product and adjust to it. I was seeing signs of this. For instance, I used to be able to apply this at night and seal. Then I wouldn't have to repeat the process again until the next night. But a few weeks ago I noticed that I was getting a little dry during the daytime. So I applied more. But I got a little build up from this because it's on the heavy side. So I have to say farewell for now. But I will be back to it when I can get the moisture thing under control.

My dilemma left me in an awkward position: What moisturizer was I going to use? I didn't even know where to begin. I knew that I wanted something creamy but light. I'd prefer that it smelled good and didn't mind having to use it more than once a day as long as it didn't create build up. I was also looking for something that was in a good price range. Sometimes you will find a moisturizer you really like, but then it's more than you wanna pay.While on my favorite site for keeping up with the latest info on keeping my hair up, I saw this moisturizer. The creator of this space who has BSL hair was using it. So I thought that if it was good enough for her, it had to be good for me. Her hair is down her back for crying out lous. And I have to say that I'm loving this stuff. It's lightweight, smells like candy, inexpensive, etc. I almost forgot the name. It's Silken Elements Silken Child Silk Moisturizing Creme. I got it as Sally Beauty Supply. I recommend this to people who are trying to get that moisture balance in check. It'll give shine and moisture. The only con I can think of is that I still have to apply it twice a day. But it's all good because it doesn't leave that film behind like some moisturizers can. Long live this stuff right here. :)

No comments: