Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Video All Women Should See



I love the rush I get when I buy anything. When I feel like my money has been well spent, I have a good feeling inside. But when I know that I've spent too much, I have a searing pain in my gut. And then there comes the buyers' remorse.

My love of makeup especially has had me open my eyes to my ideal budget and what I've actually been spending. I used to suffer from the whole "price=quality" complex. And that isn't always true. There are a lot of products in the drug store that are comparable to those at the makeup counter and department stores. There is no reason to spend a small fortune on cosmetics. There are steps you can take to prevent yourself from being a victim of the same complex I had.

1: PRIME YOUR FACE: The reason that many of us don't get the color and definition we crave is because we aren't priming the face. The color and product is seeping into the pores instead of laying on top of the skin. Thus the color fades. Not to mention, the sweating and running of the makeup from not wearing the primer has the same affect.
  • One primer for the eye area that I highly recommend (even though it's a bit pricey) is the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
2: FIND ONLINE REVIEWS: Everybody's experience with makeup is different. But getting a general idea of the effectiveness of items that you wish to purchase for the low could save you time and disappointment. Research is always a good way to go (and that applies to anything).
  • Try going to the websites of drug stores like Walgreens who have areas where you can post reviews online.
3. DON'T BUY LARGE AMOUNTS: This is a mistake that many of us make. We get excited and buy in bulk. And then you end up with a large collection, sometimes, with stuff you don't like or doesn't work for you. So take your time and consider your budget seriously. Just because the items are inexpensive doesn't mean you aren't losing money.

4. IF YOU MUST BUST THE BANK... Purchase quality brushes so that application will be smooth and flawless. They last longer than some cheaper, lower quality brushes. Or invest in something like a good moisturizer/primer, or skin care regimen. These items last for a long period of time and are necessary for a good regimen for those that regularly wear makeup.

No comments: