Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sephora Product Reviews

So, last week I received my shipment from Sephora. I got the Sephora Brand Blush in Apricot Plaisir, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and a Sephora nail color in Gilmauve. And as a bonus I received the Sephora Makeup Primer.

Let's start with the blush...I love it. I like the shimmery effect is has. But I have to really load up my brush and pat pretty hard to get it on. But the color is really nice and complimentary to my skin tone. I will most likely buy more colors from this line because they're reasonably priced and of good quality. (5 stars)

The Urban Decay primer is the business! It was worth every penny. I even slept with it on purposely just to see if it would survive the night. And I didn't lose any pigment. And it made my eyeshadow appear more pigmented. There was no fade, creasing, or any other eyeshadow or eyeliner disaster. This is something that I consider a staple now. I know there are other brands that are supposed to be just as good, but this really works for me. So I'm sticking with it for now. (5 stars)

The nail polish I got is like this pinkish-purplish candy color. And I like it. The thing is that that I was cleaning the house a lot from holiday fall out. And I had issues with chipping. But this was only with my right hand which is my dominant hand. But perhaps I will wear gloves to do everything around the house. And it will last. The coats went on easily. It took about 3 coats to get what I wanted. And with the bottle being so small, it seemed a little ridiculous. I think that if somebody wants an on the go change, this is good. But I will probably just go to Beauty Brands or Sally's to get my nail polish from now on. (3.5 stars)

The primer I received as an extra is not my favorite. The consistency is weird. It's like it may be oily, but it's powdery. It kinda made my face feel like it wasn't clean. But it did help my foundation go on a lot smoother and more evenly. And oil seemed to not pool much in the usual areas. It's alright, but I probably won't buy it. (3 stars)

5 comments:

Jade Purple Brown said...

GREAT POST!

Missy Krissy said...

Thank you so much :)

Unknown said...

I'm hearing all these reviews about urban decay..Im going to have to try there make up out...

Missy Krissy said...

I think I will too. The primer is excellent. So I have that the makeup will be just as outstanding.

Unknown said...

This seems to be a great site for HealthyBlack Hair Care its provides Free Black Hair Care E-Book and reveals the secret how you can grow up to 6 inches of healthy long black hair in a year and stop hair damage in 90 days.i had been relying on http://www.blackhaircare101.com earlier and they too offered good stuff.